Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sloth Time

I've attempted to start a ongoing blog for a while and have failed every time. Madre and Padre want me to blog while I adventure in Europe. We shall see if that happens. Any who this will be a general dumping ground for my thoughts on a variety of topics.

So here's what going on in my cranium on another lazy summer day .....

A) The NBA Lottery was today and as usual the worst team in the league failed to get the first pick. However, Cleveland basketball is as deserving as any other franchise after losing perhaps the best basketball player in the world because he didn't want to go through the hardships of bringing a championship to Cleveland all by himself. Although most experts are down on this draft Cleveland has a real opportunity to build a championship foundation with the First and Fourth picks.

1)  Derrick Williams - Supposedly sources indicate that the Cleveland brass has its heart set on
Irving, but I think they can maximize their draft if they think a little outside the box. By drafting williams Cleveland would put a young explosive player in the gaping hole left by the King. Williams dominated the latter part of the NCAA season almost as thoroughly as Irving dominated the beginning plus although this draft class is weak it has three PGs who I think will excel in the NBA.

4) At the fourth slot the Cavs would be able to pick between Brendan Knight or Kemba Walker. Irving would go to the Jazz and probably create fearsome duo along with the athletic Derrick Favors. Kemba is a little older and has size issues but he has a relentless motor and displayed remarkable improvement throughout his college career. I think Knight will take a year or two to fully blossom but I think he would also thrive with Williams Hickson and Varejo as his running mates for the next decade. Scott really can't go wrong with either of these guys but Kemba has shown his ability to handle enormous pressure and thats what the next Cleveland   PG will have to deal with in trying to make people forget the pain of Lebron leaving town. My heart says Kemba, but I'd go with Knight here because of his height and marginally higher ceiling.

Quick Hits
Will write a bit of a story in the next post
Chugging through Bones right now
Can we get a lil Sun ?
I need a job
gym tomorrow

that is all

No comments:

Post a Comment